Saturday, September 26, 2009

more random musings...

1. Jimmy's camera was mysteriously returned to his desk. The military higher-ups with whom he works were really upset about the theft and after the promise of turning people's possessions upside down to find the camera, what was once "lost" now became "found".

2. I never thought I was a car snob, but car envy is stirred in me when I drive to Mac's school in our little Toyota Corolla that rattles, and 90% of the student parking lot is filled with way nicer cars than what I drive.

3. Mac has his third football game today. He played quarterback some and I'm not sure that's his forte. He threw one interception and dropped the ball at least once before the runningback could get it from him. Fortunately, these things are water off a duck's back for him and these errors haven't bothered him a bit.

4. Mac decided that we needed to start shopping for Jimmy's birthday present immediately so we can celebrate the birthday early while Jimmy's home in October. I said that would be fine and did he have anything in mind. He suggested we go to the outlet mall tomorrow after church. Again, I said that would be fine, but what did he have in mind that we'd buy. He thought a suit would be nice. A suit? Between that and him pointing out the "nice fabric" to Bubby on a recent pajama-buying trip, this kid is doomed to end up on Project Runway. (And Jimmy, you are not getting a suit from us for your birthday!).

No comments: