Tuesday, August 18, 2009

day two on the new job

Well my mood has improved dramatically after I hit the pits the other day. The pity party for one is officially over (for the moment). There's no time for a party because there's too much reading to do to get up to speed for the new J-O-B. The good news is that I can work from home a lot and that makes me feel closer to Mac, especially since school is a mile from us in case something happens at school.

Speaking of school, we went to the Back to School Bash at school last night and met some of Mac's classmates and their families. Mac had already met one new friend in his class when he and big cousin (and babysitter until school starts) Arden went to McDonald's for lunch yesterday. The children determined that not only would they be at Pinewood together, but that they'd also be in the very same class together AND that the new friend's dad just spent 18 months in Afghanistan with the military. I met the mom last night and she was a welcomed breath of fresh air and encouragement and understanding and venting. All what I needed when I needed it.

And speaking of Afghanistan, Jimmy's fine. He got his first haircut on the military base and apparently those military barbers think that one size fits all. Oh my, it's short on the sides. But he's still handsome as all get-out and he looks so cute in his khaki, khaki and more khaki!

No comments: