Friday, August 7, 2009

day two of my movie life

After I was up so late last night, I slept in this morning until the luxurious hour of 8:45. WOW. After Skyping Jimmy for a nice long 45-minute chat, I got myself ready for my day trip to Newburyport, a lovely town on the Merrimack River about 30 minutes from Lowell. It's like a bigger version of Annapolis, MD, one of my favorite places to windowshop and sit by the water, which is exactly what I did in Newburyport. I windowshopped mostly but did buy my first ever pair of Naot shoes. Man, are these comfortable shoes. I was wearing my standard-issue Havaiana flipflops from Brazil and when I put the Naot shoes on, they felt like bedroom slippers with great arch support. When I commented on this to the saleswoman, she wasted no time in telling me that of course, they felt supportive after prancing around a city in flipflops. Okay, but she didn't have to get snippy about it.

After a late lunch and enjoying the riverfront, I headed back to Lowell where I met Jeremy at his office. We went to the set again, still at the bar, and guess what happened? Mark Wahlberg walked not 2 feet away from me! He was so cute, in his newly married in real life (last weekend) state. I could have spit on him if I'd wanted - I'm a bad spitter, but he was that close. I assumed spitting was on the not-to-do list, even though we didn't cover that one specifically. I also saw Amy Adams but hardly recognized her in her outfit. Very 1990s Lowell, Massachusetts and not so 2009 "Julie and Julia".

So it was a successful visit to the set and I am most pleased with everything I saw and learned and everybody I met. But don't you worry that the fun is over yet. We're going tonight with some of Jeremy's colleagues to a nice Italian restaurant in Boston and tomorrow is Boston-touring day. More to come...

No comments: