Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a happy day at Casa Story

Today I decided to go buy new exercise clothes. I'm going to the gym regularly again and I decided I needed to look the part better. Don't worry - I didn't lose my mind and go Brazilian in the exercise clothes department, i.e., way too much exposed flesh. But I was getting nervous about using those same shorts I trained for the marathon in 9 years ago. Every time I pulled them on, I could hear the dry rot in the elastic waist. I was nervous that the elastic one day was just going to disintegrate and the shorts were going to fall down while I was innocently plodding along on the treadmill.

So I went to the mall and probably over-bought, and then I decided to visit the Extra supercenter-type grocery store that I never go to because it's not very convenient to our apartment. I like this store for a number of reasons but mainly because they've started selling Cherokee brand clothes (like from American Target and I love that brand).

Today I had even more reason to love the Extra. The folks at Casa Story used to be HUGE fans of Stiksies. What, you might ask, are Stiksies? According to my mother, they're only the best pretzel sticks in the whole world. And they used to be a staple at our house until they vanished from all grocery store shelves over a year ago. (And yes, I do know almost to the day when they vanished. It was during my mom's visit last year and one day they were in every grocery store's snack aisle and the next, they weren't).

As you know, we've eliminated junk food from our pantry, so I have stopped visiting the junk food aisle at the grocery store over the last few weeks. Because I rarely go to this Extra, I cruised all the aisles just to check out availability and that's how I happened upon the Stiksies! It was almost as if sunbeams were coming through the Extra's metal roof just to shine around the Stiksies. They even say on the package "they're back!".

Wow, what a day. New gym clothes AND Stiksies (and a new Cherokee tank just because it was there and it was on sale and it kind of goes with one pair of running shorts I bought. Even though I didn't go Brazilian, I still have to match!).

No comments: