Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Big 11

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary and I wonder where the time has gone. Eleven years ago today this time I was an ummarried girl, looking forward to my Cinderella day of a beautiful bridal luncheon, getting my hair done, and putting on my moma's wedding dress to be married. Wow.

Little could I have known that 11 years later, we would have moved from South Carolina to DC to NYC to Guadalajara to DC to Maputo to Baltimore to Brasilia to Sao Paulo. Little did I know that my career, which I thought would die once we moved overseas after my FDIC career ended, would re-emerge as a new spring flower with USAID and then with my most recent work with narcotics stuff. Little could I have ever guessed that my best-laid plans of having a houseful of children would result in just one perfectly-formed, precious love called Mac. Little did I know that when looking at my wedding photos, one of my favorite photos then - one of my dad and me just before we walked down the aisle - would become one of my most cherished now for even more poignant reasons.

For a couple of kids from Moncks Corner, it's been a crazy, wild ride. But the ride has been so much fun. I can't wait to see what the next 11 bring!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy anniversary! I remember that day very well :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Happy Anniversary...this means that 11 years ago we were in Colorado on vacation...I remember that we missed your wedding because if our trip.

Oh...the kids don't know about the cash only plan yet...Mason comes home on Monday and AC next Friday. SURPRISE SURPRISE