Wednesday, October 21, 2015

new kitchen stuff

When we moved into the temporary apartment, one of the people who handles consulate housing told me that the state of the pots and pans and gadgets in the residence was awful and that he'd taken it upon himself to order brand new stuff months ahead of our arrival.

I thought we were just getting new pots and pans, so boy, was I surprised when the consulate folks rolled in the other day with boxes and boxes of stuff.  It looked like my dream of a perfect Christmas morning.

Like Williams-Sonoma had literally thrown up a store in my kitchen.

Like the best bridal shower you could ever dream of.

Heaven.

Everything from a fancy pressure cooker to springform pans....
muffin tins and fat whisks...
Two roasting pans....
Some steamer type pots that I don't even know how to use, a knife set that will cut your fingers off, spoons and spatulas and measuring cups and fancy baking dishes....
Shiny, new pots and pans that cook like a dream (from the very little I've cooked in them)....
So much beautiful cooking stuff...

As I opened everything up, I was a little jealous that our new chef would get to use all this gear and not me.

But then I snapped out of that silly little notion and realized how much more fun it would be to eat food that the new chef prepared using all these shiny new toys instead of actually cooking the food.

Order was restored to my mental universe very quickly.

No comments: