Thursday, January 8, 2015

(Fake) Uggs

Uggs boots are really the ugliest shoes in the world. I could not understand why anyone would ever wear them. 

Until I lived through last year's winter horribilis. 

I couldn't bring myself to pay top dollar for real Uggs to use for just two winters, so I bought a $34 knock-off pair at Sports Authority last January and let me just tell you that even the cheap ones are the best invention ever. Your toes always stay nice and toasty. 

I asked Jimmy if he thought it would be bad to wear them on the train to work (and then switch to regular shoes in the office). 

His response?  "You're just one step away from shopping at Stride Rite for adults."


(My toasty feet next to one of Jimmy's in his dress shoes, where he was probably actively getting frostbite at the time the photo was taken.)

Those who laugh last, laugh the loudest. Even as they're driving to the Stride Rite store. 

No comments: