Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1-6-14

Leo experienced his first snowfall this morning and I don't believe he was a big fan. It was a very fast poop and pee!

(His little paw prints beating a quick retreat back to the apartment.)

Our small snowstorm ended up being a little bigger than they thought. A prediction of 1" last night turned to 1-2" by this morning and then to 4-6" by about 9:00. 

Unfortunately the school nor Uncle Sam delayed opening (based on early predictions) so we all trudged out at 7am into a lot of cold snow. Mac ended up waiting for the bus for 45 minutes because his bus slipped on the road and got stuck. According to the email from the school, there were "only" 17 children on the bus, which I guess they think is better than waiting in the 26-degree snowstorm, which is where the rest of the children were. 

I'm just bummed we didn't get a snow day from work. By this time last year, it seems like Jimmy had already had a handful of snow days. This is the fates conspiring against me because they don't want me to have any fun. 

I apologize now to all the government workers out there in the DC area as I can pretty much guarantee there will be no snow days this winter just because I'm working now.  Sorry. 



No comments: