Wednesday, November 19, 2014

11-18-14

I work in a dreary, windowless office in a basement. The office has been subdivided into 5 cubicles and a conference table area. Two other women and I are occupying three of the cubes until we move to a new office in another building that's currently being renovated. 

We've had discussions about the weather recently as the temperatures were forecast to drop dramatically. One of the ladies said she had bought fleece-lined sweatpants that she couldn't wait to use.  We all decided that could be the best invention since sliced bread. 

The next day I showed up at work to find a still-in-the-package pair of fleece-lined leggings on my desk. The sweatpant lady  said when she got home the night before, she remembered she had this pair of leggings she bought for a cold-weather trip that never happened. Then she decided they were too small for her anyway so they went in her Goodwill bag. 

Obviously she recognized my love of  cheap clothes and decided to save me the trip to Goodwill. 

Well, let me just tell you: these things are amazing. I had a lot of meetings today that required walking to and from other buildings out in the bitter elements. When I say bitter, I mean this:


My legs were toasty the whole day. My toes didn't even get cold and that's a miracle. 

God bless the creator and the giver of my newest and best accessory. 

2 comments:

The Stone Rabbit said...

How awesome is that! Oops, did I just date myself.

It sounds like you have some thoughtful and kind co-workers. Hope you are liking the new job and that the space being renovated has a little natural light for you.

Now, enjoy those fleece sweats!

The Stone Rabbit said...

How awesome is that! Oops, did I just date myself.

It sounds like you have some thoughtful and kind co-workers. Hope you are liking the new job and that the space being renovated has a little natural light for you.

Now, enjoy those fleece sweats!