Monday, July 14, 2014

7-7-14 to 7-11-14

We left Maggie Valley, NC at 4:30am to drive to Columbia, SC to get Mac signed in for his half-day baseball camp at the University of South Carolina. This was Mac's first camp ever so we were all hoping for a great experience. It did not disappoint. 

The camp ran from 8:30 to noon for 5 days, and the children, aged 7-12 and divided by age into 8 groups, rotated through stations for outfielding, infielding, pitching, base running, batting, etc. Each day ended with a 50-minute scrimmage. 






Mac had a ball and seemed to learn a lot. 

We drove to Moncks Corner on Monday afternoon to get Jimmy on a plane back to DC early Tuesday morning. Mac and I returned to Columbia by 8:30am and spent the next 3 nights with my sister and her family. We were able to spend every afternoon with my niece before joining the rest of the family for dinner. It was delightful and I'm so thankful for that time with my sister's family. 




No comments: