Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm turning into an old parent

Now that I'm working full-time and can't just jet off for the whole of Mac's summer vacation, I had to think about what to do with him for those interminable weeks.

Plans are coming together now but he's going to fly home with visiting friends in early July and spend the next few weeks shuttling between grandmothers (who live 10 minutes apart) before Jimmy and I come home for a couple weeks of vacation.

How did I get old enough to have a child old enough to leave me for a few weeks - to go to another country - and actually be happy about it???

I can see how quickly we're going from the little boy who said he'd never go off to college because he could never leave me to a young man who won't look back when the door closes on his way out. That makes me sad and regretful for all the "hurry and grow up" thoughts I ever entertained these last 9 years.

The idea of putting him in a box so he can't grow more is getting more and more appealing...

No comments: