Thursday, February 23, 2012

definitely not the Ritz

I went on an overnight work trip Tuesday night. I stayed at a hotel that shall remain nameless, but I wanted to share what you get in a "Junior Suite" in a "weekend resort" hotel in this town of about 120,000 people.

I give you a photo of the room:

... and the bathroom, which, by the way, had no hot water at all. This wasn't a problem with the hot water heater. This was just simply a lack thereof. For $75 a night, I believe one should be entitled to hot water. Also, there were no fancy bottles of shampoo, just soap. Four little bars of soap, just to make sure you get squeaky clean. And no hairdryer. You should have seen my 'do on day two.

Another interesting feature of the bathroom was this unusual window with security grate on the ceiling over the bathroom sink. Really creepy but at least it was frosted glass...

I wish I could tell you that the minibar was the saving grace of the hotel. I didn't open the refrigerator to see what treats might be in there because the "treats" on top of the fridge told me all I needed to know. Back row of the gourmet selection? Chicken Vienna sausages and condensed milk. What more could a girl want from a minibar?

We're going to Cartagena this weekend. Jimmy has to work so Mac and I are tagging along to play in the pool. I can only hope that the hotel where we're staying doesn't offer Vienna sausages, chicken or not, in the minibar or elsewhere for that matter....

No comments: