Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the quickest way to make a Type A girl go nuts?

Dump her in the middle of this: and she will surely go crazy in about 4 nanoseconds.

The packout for Bogota starts tomorrow. According to the packing company woman who called today to confirm that they'll be here between 8 and 10am tomorrow morning, they're going to start with our small air shipment of 600 pounds first.

The kitchen table area has been designated by moi as the air shipment area. Does this look like 600 pounds of stuff to you?

Then they'll move on to the sea shipment (which is pretty much everything in the house except the furniture) and at some point on Friday, they'll do the long-term storage shipment (piano, dresser, chairs, kitchen furniture, etc).

I am as organized as I can be at this late date. I knew that my gallivanting over the last month was at the cost of packout organization, but what's a girl to do? I think I'll just take two blood pressure pills in the morning, go for an early cup of coffee at the McD's by my house, and hope that everything ends up where it's supposed to.

P.S. To make matters worse, the dryer in the rental house has decided not to heat up very well. So with the pre-move washing and drying of all the non-normal stuff like bedspreads and comforter covers, nothing is drying fast!! Hence the drying of the bedspread over the tops of the bathroom and laundry rooms doors.
Welcome to my world.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, my dear friend, I know this all to well. And will be experiencing it again at the end of the year. Praying for your sanity!!