Monday, July 5, 2010

a perfect 4th of July getaway

Before I nearly had an aneurysm courtesy of Delta, I was very relaxed from a delightful getaway Mac and I had with my BFF Caroline and her family at her family's lake house in NC. The weekend was full of the most excellent company; delicious food like eggs Benedict and blueberry pancakes and Baja California-style tacos with fresh tuna and yummy shrimp; swimming, boating, and fishing; and major relaxation. I'm so glad Willie and Caroline are going to be my in-laws by Mac's marriage one day because I do so love them!!HOMEMADE doughnuts. Who knew you could actually make doughnuts at home?? Mac with his betrothed and his future in-laws! early evening boating A little early-AM fishing where Caroline caught the only two fish - no fish and grits for breakfast! festive 4th of July dining Mac and me on the dock

No comments: