Friday, July 30, 2010

a foodie recommendation for you foodies in and around Charleston

Last night Jimmy and I went out to eat with one of our very oldest friends in the world, Jeremy; his brother Matthew (who happens to be my brother-in-law because that's how we do things in Moncks Corner); their sister Lindsay (a musical artist that you should take note of and go hear should you be in the area); and Jeremy's friend who we'd met when Mac was a baby in Baltimore.

Jeremy and Lindsay chose Lucca based on a great experience they'd had some months ago. Let me tell you that this restaurant does not disappoint. It is Italian food like you can maybe only get in Italy. The menu changes just about everyday according to our waitress so I hesitate to even tell you about my main course because I don't want you to be disappointed when you can't order it.

But because I want to relive it, I'll tell you anyway. I had agnolotti (fancy word for ravioli stuffed with the most divine ricotta known to the modern world), topped with oyster mushrooms, the most delectable veal and the most luscious browned butter sauce you can imagine. Totally Decadent with a capital D.

So if you're in the Charleston area, you should run, not walk, to Lucca. And take me with you when you go. Even if I'm in Bogota, Colombia. It's that good.

No comments: