Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a very special Kindergarten graduation

Wow, who knew a kindergarten graduation could be so emotional? Chapel had a lovely prayer service to send off the students to first grade: they sang, they prayed, and the priest offered a short homily. I could see that Mac was emotional, so that just made me all the more snivelly.

Then parents were invited to their children's classroom for a little presentation and brunch. Mac's class sang a cute song about what they could spell and what they couldn't yet spell (hippopotamus) and then we watched this wonderful slide show of their kindergarten year. I tried to attach the video but it's a file type not supported by Blogger. Suffice it to say that as a mom, you need lots of kleenex to get through it.

2 comments:

tia smith said...

How wonderful! What a milestone...Kindergarten graduation, and on your last day in Sao Paulo to boot!

Hope your travels home were safe and uneventful. Enjoy your 'repatriation'!

The Cookie Lady said...

I remember when the boys graduated from kindergarten, I was the same way. Its such a mile stone in their little lives. I can remember my Dad holding our oldest when he was born and he said, "Tomorrow, he will be graduating kindergarten!" It seems like it was just that, a blink of an eye. I am happy you had this to put in your cherished memory bank.