Thursday, June 4, 2009

the end of talkative

Today after school Mac and I went to a local mall to buy a Brazil soccer jersey for him (it took 4 stores today, but we got it), to eat a burger at our favorite Fifties joint (yummy), and to check out navy dress pants for his kindergarten graduation (which we didn't get because I couldn't stand the thought of paying $75 for a pair of Dockers-like pants).

In the car going, I was trying to engage him in conversation. I asked him what he had for lunch (carrots and bread with catsup (everybody else had the hot dog that went with the bread and catsup but Mac)), if he had any tests today (they've been doing math tests and spelling words, so it was a legitimate question), etc. Finally he looked at me and asked if we could please ride in silence???

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I agree with Mac...sometimes there just aren't any words that will do. Call us when you all get to SC and bring your mom over for a visit. We'll throw Mac in the pool...