Tuesday, June 23, 2009

babysitting courtesy of DSi

Since I have been stripped of my Mother of the Year crown on too many occasions to count, I have no shame in telling you that the DSi is a babysitter extraordinaire.

Do I feel guilty for letting him play this thing repeatedly?

Absolutely.

Do I feel like a loser mom when I watch him playing it so intently that his mouth is open and his tongue is sticking out and he looks like he's a space cadet?

Without a doubt.

But do I love riding in the car without him asking 16 times "are we there yet?" when we haven't even left the driveway because he's happily playing a game?

You bet your britches I do.

If I do the multiplication correctly, at $10/hour for a babysitter, we're pretty close to getting our money's worth on that $300 purchase.

(Before anybody yells at me, don't worry: I am going to set limits for how long he can play each day. But this is still a novelty and I'm letting him play entirely too much. I know my shortfalls and don't need them pointed out to me. Thank you very much for your concern.)

No comments: