Thursday, February 14, 2013

Random musings on V-Day

1.  These musings have nothing really to do with Valentine's Day. Jimmy is traveling, and the holiday has been a non-event at Casa Story. Mac and I ate V-Day cupcakes last night for dessert, and that was the sad extent of our celebration. Sad, right?  But...

2.  We are meeting Jimmy in San Andres tomorrow night for the long weekend. San Andres is a Colombian island way up in the Caribbean near Nicaragua.  Did you hear what I said?  Caribbean?  Hot?  Beach?  Blue water?  Now we're talking Valentine's Day. We've rented a house with friends with children Mac's age. I hope my biggest decision is which swimsuit to wear.

3.  Our dear childhood friend Jeremy's very cool, very hip wife, Jen, is launching her new business tomorrow. Check out her website - www.littleboogaweezin.com - for her totally original, totally fun, totally fresh children's clothing line. Even if you don't have babies or toddlers, you will most certainly want to buy something for someone who does.

4.  I think my last day of work is going to be May 31.  Between you and me, this day cannot come soon enough. Wow, it's been a long, bad couple weeks.

5.  We are moving back to DC in the summer, and this has me stressed. This will be the first time my sweet boy has gone to public school and that has me freaked out. I am researching schools and neighborhoods, which just fuels my freak-outty-ness. I know where I want to live, which means we're going to be the poor kids on the block. But hopefully Mac will be in a good school?

6.  I am on day two of Lent, which means day two without Facebook.  I have only wanted to check the site about 17 times in the last two days so I think that's pretty good.  I'm surviving.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.  We wish you a lovely, lovey day.  Xxx

No comments: