Monday, September 17, 2012

random musings on a Monday night

1.  Mac and I are home alone while Jimmy's in Washington, DC all week.  When left to our own devices, we order pizza.

2.  Remember the lady in the next building over who always got naked in front of the window?  Well, they've moved.  We noticed last week that the apartment seemed empty, but just about the time we confirmed it, another family started moving it.  The new lady of the house looks a little older than the exhibitionist, so here's hoping that she likes to change her clothes in private.

3.  Mac's school recently held a logo design competition in honor of its 15th anniversary.  Now, we're not really creative types at our house but I decided we had to enter this contest.  Mac and I vetoed Jimmy's Harry Potter theme because really, it was pretty dumb and the only connection was that Harry Potter and the school are both British.  Mac decided we should use the school's theme - Learning for an Evolving World - and I came up with the rest, which was really quite genius for me.  And guess what?  WE WON!  I know, I know.  We've never won an "artsy" contest ever (see beginning of Item #3) and it's entirely possible that nobody voted but Jimmy and me.  Well and actually Jimmy didn't even vote.  I logged on to his school account and voted for him.  But regardless, we won!  Because Jimmy's in the US, I get to represent us alone at the 15th Anniversary Flag Raising on Thursday morning.  Would it be in poor taste and reflecting bad sportsmanship if I blew an air horn when they announce the winner? Pretty excited over this little victory.

4.  We're about 99% sure we know where Jimmy's next assignment is, but I don't want to jinx us so I'm not going to tell you now.  Stay tuned.

5.  Work is work is work.

6.  We're hosting a tailgating party on Saturday night.  We've gotten into this group of folks who take turns making curry and we needed to reciprocate, but we don't cook curry.  So we decided to buck the tradition and do what we know.  Ribs and football!  Plus stuff for munching before and some good stuff to go with the ribs.  We've got a few Americans coming but also some Brits, Dutch, and Colombians, none of whom will have likely ever tailgated so they won't know if we screw it up or not.

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Please have someone standing by at the flag raising incase you break into a victory dance.