Tuesday, July 12, 2011

NYR 7-11-11 - Lightning McQueen is back in the house

The first movie that Mac fell in love with was Cars. We saw it in the theater with my mom and dad and bought the dvd as soon as it came out. And watched it over and over and over and over. I cannot stress to you how many times he watched that movie. I remember being on a beach trip to the northeast of Brazil, during which time Mac turned 4 years old, and I distinctly remember that the Cars movie played nonstop. We heard it in the rental house, in the hotel room, in the rental car. Non.stop. It was the soundtrack of our lives for a long while.

Because that movie was so successful, I have no idea why it took them so long to come out with Cars 2, but we happily saw it with my mom today. I felt like we welcomed an old friend back to the family.

For Lightning McQueen and his latest trip around the world, I am truly thankful.

No comments: