Saturday, July 16, 2011

7-14-11 - why we're really home for a 7-week vacation

I have heard for nearly 11 months how by moving to Bogota, we ripped Mac away from his BFF and from the best place on Earth (that would be Summerville, South Carolina for those of you not from there). And I promised for nearly all of those 11 months that Mac would get to spend all summer back at home. (I really sort of hoped being back here would make him realize that it's not entirely the land of milk and honey, but I don't think I'm succeeding yet - he's having a great time.)

So to fulfill that promise, Mac and I have come back for a total of 7 weeks which we have never ever done before. We're not in South Carolina for the whole time, but we're certainly taking full advantage of our time here to get these boys together. Mac is loving every minute of it.

For teaching our children that continued friendships take some effort but they're always worth it, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a precious lesson you are teaching that sweet boy of yours...not many would go to such lengths to preserve the friendship of two little boys...I just love this!!