Tuesday, November 23, 2010

pre-Thanksgiving news

We invited Mac's British teacher to join us for Thanksgiving dinner, which he happily accepted because he said he'd never been to a "proper" Thanksgiving dinner before. (That's sounds very British, doesn't it?).

When we extended the invitation, we asked him to bring a couple friends with him if he wanted.

I knew he had a great sense of humor, but today, he emailed me the following:

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but it has been a HECTIC week! Just to say if the offer is still open, my friends Suzanne and Rory would like to join us for dinner. Suzanne teaches in year 1, you may have seen her, Australian... and Rory's her (newly wed) husband.


They're both lactose intolerant, vegan Jews, so they do need Kosher food....


...


... just kidding.


I have to tell you that there was nearly not going to be a Thanksgiving until I read the "just kidding" part because I was nearly dead from panic-induced heart failure.

Two of our other dinner guests only eat seafood (of which there is known on our Thanksgiving menu), raw vegetables and nuts. I think they're bringing their own trail mix because I told them I was southern and southerners only know how to drown vegetables or mix them in a casserole for a big holiday meal.

And while we're excited to receive all of our dinner guests on Thursday night, we're particularly excited that Mac's best friend Logan from last year in South Carolina and his family are flying in tonight and will be with us through Monday. Jimmy's at the airport now to get them and bring them home. We have been counting down the days until Logan's arrival and I'm not what sure what threat I'll be able to hang over Mac's head once this visit is over. It's been a great tool for getting good behavior.

Hope that your Thanksgiving week is going well and that you're looking as forward to the big day as we are.

No comments: