Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a banner day indeed

I received the following email early this afternoon:

Hey Susan,

Congratulations!! You are the winner of the raffle prize from parent night at Porter Gaud! Please come by the Drummond House to claim your prize! It is waiting on you!


Pretty exciting stuff, right? The lecture that I heard (and blogged about last week) was prize enough, but winning the raffle? Well, that's just icing on the cake. And I don't think I've ever won a raffle before so I was pretty excited, let me tell you.

The prize, all wrapped up!


The prize unwrapped: all the Pinewood loot a person could ever need!

And then, as if winning the raffle wasn't enough, I came home to a box on the front porch that had Godiva written all over it. It was an early Valentine's Day present from Jimmy. The card said it was for Mac and me, but surely Jimmy wouldn't expect me to waste Godiva on a 7 year-old who's perfectly happy with a 50-cent bag of M&Ms? It's a lot of chocolate so we should all pray that the urge to exercise kicks in soon.

No comments: