Friday, February 19, 2010

bad, better and best

Bad
I just learned that my beloved blueberry scone from Starbucks has something like 22 grams of fat. That's almost a whole day's worth of fat in one little scone. Goodness gracious. I think I just ate my last one this morning.

Better
Buying this gorgeous little bundle of tulips at Publix this morning.

Best
A few nights ago after we rode a rollercoaster at Universal Studios that confirmed my bonafide dislike of rollercoasters, Mac was trying to go to sleep but told me that he kept reliving the scariness of the rollercoaster when he closed his eyes. I told him that he should think of the happiest place he knows - for me, the beach - and try to imagine himself in that place instead of on the rollercoaster. Mac laid quietly with his eyes closed for a few moments and then said that his brain was working like a remote control for the television when I told him to turn the volume down. The volume of the scary rollercoaster was gradually turning down just like the tv volume. Pretty cool analogy for a 7 year-old, I think.

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

SO, I'm supposing that means that MY beloved Cran Orange Scone has about the same fat content. RATS!