Tuesday, April 7, 2009

random thoughts...

1. Mac is on a field trip today and he was SO excited to get up and out of the house this morning. Too bad I can't call everyday a Field Trip Day.

2. Mac has his Spring Picnic and Easter Party tomorrow at school. I bet tomorrow's wake-up will be just as easy as today's.

3. It's a very fast descent from happiest happy to saddest sad. A worse ride than Space Mountain at Disneyworld and I hate Space Mountain.

4. Jimmy helped organized and played in a charity softball tournament all day on Saturday. When we got back home, we ran by the grocery store and while he was parallel parking (and holding up traffic for approximately 20 seconds), some old guy yelled at him to "go back to his own country." That really stung me, especially after having spent the past 11.5 hours raising money for charity in this man's country. In 11 years of foreign service life, we've never been told to go back to our own country. Wow.

5. The trip to Rio last Thursday was successful. I had all my documents and the package was DHL'ed to Lima, Peru yesterday. The last immigration form Rio sent took Lima 6 months to approve. We are praying for a faster turnaround.

6. I had Round 2 with Carla, the Trainer, today. Tomorrow's going to be painful.

No comments: