Thursday, April 30, 2009

dossier SO close to being ready

Our adoption dossier is this close to being ready to be sent in. Just some documents to get notarized at the consulate next week, and we're set to get this show on the road.

Today I went to my neighborhood copy shop to copy a mountain of documents. Okay maybe it wasn't a mountain, but it was definitely a minor hill. The guy spoke to me in great English, which was very surprising as I have patronized this store before and nobody came close to saving me from my Portuguese. As I waited for the copying to be completed, he must have been reviewing my documents while making copies, and he surmised we were adopting.

When he returned with two minor hills of paper, he told me that we didn't need to buy our new child any clothes when we got him home. I asked why and he said we could make clothes out of all the paper he'd just used for the dossier and he'd be well-clothed for a long time. I like that guy's way of thinking - it is a lot of paper - and am trying to figure out what else I can copy just to give him more business!

No comments: