Thursday, April 30, 2009

passing along of a weird genetic trait

I love having a place to put things in. I'm talking boxes, crates, little containers, filing cabinets with neat rows of files, etc. I'm sure this has to do with my Type A personality where everything needs to be neat and orderly, which allows me to find exactly what I need when I need it because I know what box in what closet it's stored in.

I have apparently passed down this love of containers to Mac. His obsession clearly isn't for the purpose of keeping everything neat and orderly; it's just because he loves containers, particularly small ones that really aren't very useful after their original purpose is complete.

He likes to buy Tic-Tacs not because he loves Tic-Tacs, but because he wants the little clear plastic box with the fliptop afterwards. Jimmy got a new iPod a couple months ago and it came in this nice little plastic box. Jimmy was ready to throw the box out but Mac said it was a keeper. Last night in the bathtub, Mac played with 2 empty shampoo bottles that he refuses to throw away because he can shoot water out of them. Any little gift box is like a gem to him.

He is a trash collector extraordinaire and I'm quickly approaching the time when I've got to clean out the trash so we can pack up. This may provoke a battle, but I refuse to knowingly ship garbage to another continent. I mean we can buy Tic-Tacs in the States, right? Go north young man! Another continent of trash awaits you!

1 comment:

contigo said...

Let me know if you need help with your move.