Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sun Protection

I hate sunscreen. 

I hate applying it and re-applying it. I hate how expensive good sunscreen is. I hate how it feels once you get hot and sweaty and beach-sandy.

Last year I started using a Lands' End long-sleeved rash guard swim tee with UPF 50 protection. This tee totally eliminates the need to put sunscreen on your back, shoulders, chest and arms. And even though it's long-sleeved, it's no hotter really than wearing just a swimsuit.   The fabric is lightweight and breathes, all while protecting your skin. (And if you're vain, they have a great selection of fun colors and patterns.) 

Last week at the beach, I pulled the sleeves up a little for maybe 30 minutes. When I removed the shirt later, I was very surprised to see just how effective the tee's sun protection really is. 

(The top was covered, the bottom was not.)

Save your skin and cover up!!




No comments: