Wednesday, March 12, 2014

NYR 3-8-14 to 3-12-14

A few days' worth of thankfulness:

3-8-14:  Mac is playing Little League baseball again for the first time since we lived in South Carolina a few years ago (which was his one and only time playing).  Today we shopped for new cleats and baseball pants.  There's something about new sports seasons that are exciting - fresh starts and all that - plus baseball means spring is here and summer's close on its tail.  Happy, happy, happy.

3-9-14:  I didn't feel well today so after church and lunch, I crawled in the bed and dozed and read and watched tv for hours.  It was pretty heavenly.

3-10-14:  Today I visited with a friend who had surgery last week.  We don't get to see each other very often and never without kids and husbands in tow, so it was especially nice to have a couple hours uninterrupted.  I felt refreshed and ready for a full week.

3-11-14:  After a postponed ice skating lesson last week (thank you Snowstorm 6417 of the season), I had my second lesson today.  I kind of rocked it.  Half-swizzles and BACKWARD skating this week.  I'm practically ready for the Olympics.

3-12-14:  Today I bought Nationals baseball tickets for a family visit in April.  See note 1 above.  Baseball screams spring and summer and that makes me happier than I can express.

No comments: