Tuesday, November 26, 2013

another letter to Cold Weather

Hello Cold Weather.  

Are you there?  

Can you hear me?  

Hello?

Anyone?

Oh right, you can't hear me BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO BUSY RUINING MY THANKSGIVING TRAVEL PLANS.

Thanks a lot.  

Really, I mean it. 

I haven't spent a Thanksgiving in Moncks Corner since 2004 and am pretty psyched about being there this year. 

So excited, in fact, that I originally convinced Jimmy we should drive home tonight after he gets home from work.  

And then you started stalking me and decided if I don't profess my undying love for you, you will not leave me alone.  So you bring this to punish me:

You said to me, "You think you'll drive after work?  Just try it, you love spurner."  

I'm conceding on this one, Cold Weather, out of concern for the safety of my family and to avoid what will surely be a rush-hour traffic nightmare getting out of the Beltway in this awful weather. We're spending one more night in Arlington.  

But Cold Weather, revenge is a dish best served cold, so you better keep yourself toasty. 

No comments: