Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mac's Birthday Party

On Tuesday, Mac turned 10.  This means that for one decade of my life I've been a parent.

What????

This is shocking to me, namely because in my head I believe I am still 27 and there's no way possible that I could have been a parent for a decade.

Regardless, this kid is so awesome.  He's smart and funny and has an incredibly developed sense of sarcasm for a 10 year-old.  I appreciate sarcasm in a human being.

For his birthday, we celebrated with a group of friends at Laser Shots, the local laser tag joint in Bogota.  There's nothing like a bunch of British school boys playing laser tag after school.  They were adorable in their uniforms.
The birthday cake.  Chocolate cake with vanilla icing.  As requested.

The birthday party room at Laser Shots.



Getting ready to make a wish.

The laser taggers.

The scores.

The Red Team.  Jimmy's bodyguard had to pinch hit when one child didn't show up.  He was happy to pinch hit.

The Yellow Team.  AKA The Rock-n-Roll Team.

The Green Team.
All in all, I think the party was successful.  If success is measured by fatigue, then I can tell you from my point of view that it was a tremendous, resounding success.  Here's to the next decade with my sweet boy.

No comments: