Monday, July 2, 2012

Home alone...

Yesterday my house went from 7 people to me.

 After a fabulous 10-day visit with Jimmy's oldest childhood friend and his family, they left and took Mac with them so he could enjoy grandmapalooza for the next 3 weeks. And Jimmy went to Florida for work, so thankfully for me, the most neurotic mother of all time, he was on Mac's flight at least as far as Miami.

I am never left at home to my own devices. Well, except for last October when Jimmy and Mac went on what I'm told/assured/promised will be an annual boys-only jaunt. But other than that, I don't think I've been home alone in 9.5 years.

So how did I celebrate my freedom?

 -I cleaned.
 -I re-arranged the furniture in our den.
 -I organized DVDs.
 -I vacuumed and dusted some.
 -I made myself an enormous breakfast of 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and thick slices of tomato sautéed in the bacon grease. Clearly I would weigh 226 pounds if left to my own devices full-time.
 -I did about 27 loads of laundry.
 -I cleaned out and organized Mac's closets. This involved a lot of sock-matching for socks that have been put in the drawer sans partner.
 -I cleaned out and organized Mac's bathroom cabinets and threw out a lot of outdated medicine.
 -I ate Doritos for lunch.
 -I cleaned out my closets.
 -I cleaned out and reorganized our medicine cabinet and threw out a ton of outdated medicine. (Clearly we have not been as sick as I intended for us to be when I bought all that medicine 2 years ago.)
-I got out of my pajamas and showered finally about 5pm.
-I ordered Japanse food delivery. Continuing the theme of unhealthy eating, I ordered a California roll, lettuce wraps, and spring rolls and sadly ate just about all of it.
-To add insult to injury, I ate all that food while watching that tv show on ABC where they assign a trainer to a morbidly obese person and follow him as he loses weight and changes his life over the course of a year. That guy probably no longer eats spring rolls in front of the tv anymore.  
-I watched "Extremely Loud Incredibly Close" and was thankful I'd not seen it in the theater so nobody had to witness my excessive blubbering. 
 -I went to bed. 


 Today has been much lower-key. It's some Colombian holiday to celebrate something, so I celebrated by taking a nice long walk on the Ciclovia. With the hills here, it's entirely possible that I will not be able to walk tomorrow. If my hip flexors work, it'll be only for the grace of God. Now I am going to take myself to the movies to see "The Prodigy", during which I shall lunch on popcorn. And think about what I shall order in for dinner since no one is here to witness my choices. 


 Happy Monday!

2 comments:

sheena said...

That sounds like heaven....

Amy said...

Organized the DVDS?? Baaahahahaha!

At least you were productive!