Saturday, October 1, 2011

NYR 9-30-11 - the glass factory

Today I went with two new arrivals to "the glass factory". We embassy people call it "the glass factory" but nobody else calls it that. Colombians have no idea what we're talking about because it has a real name, but none of us knows it.

So we went to the glass factory where I got 2 vases that are each about 18" tall, 5 fish bowl-type bowls, and 2 adorable mini-milk bottles.

Guess how much I paid for all that?

No really, guess.

Okay, do you have your number in your head?










I got all that for about $25.

That place is a steal of a deal.

For "the glass factory", I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

contigo said...

I went to a place to frame pictures in Sao Paulo that everyone called the blue door. It turns out that only the American's called it that. Its real name was something completely different and was only called the blue door because it had a blue door.