Tuesday, December 14, 2010

minor Christmas miracles

1. I have now slept really well three nights in a row without the assistance of sleep meds. This is HUGE and I feel so rested. We've chalked up the insomnia to a failure to acclimate quickly to Bogota's high altitude. Maybe I'm acclimated???

2. My mom arrived in Bogota yesterday for Christmas and we are so excited to have her here. Mac really, really wanted to go home for Christmas - which we never do when we're overseas - and he was so happy to see her when he got home from school. It was a great reunion.

3. It's entirely possible that the weather has made a turn for the better here in Bogota. After what seems like months of rain (and devastating flooding all over Colombia as proof), we've now had a string of really nice days. It rained some yesterday but not all day, which is improvement. And the temperatures when it's not raining? In the mid- to upper-70s. LOVE IT!

4. Mac, Mom and I are going to Baru Island and Cartagena on Thursday for a few days and I can't wait. Hot, humid, hopefully sunny weather: here we come!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad your mom arrived safely! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Glad that Andrea is there and all is well. Have a fabulous trip and wonderful Christmas.