Sunday, August 17, 2008

Looking for some Prayer Warriors

As some of you know, we have struggled with infertility and God's plan for us regarding more children, which we desperately want. In June, I underwent unsuccssful medical treatment, and because of our limited time left in Brazil, we know we don't have the time to fight the bureaucratic adoptive process here. In what was our final show of giving up total control, we sold all of Mac's baby stuff last weekend. Last Sunday was Brazilian Father's Day and part of the sermon focused on delighting in your child, so we decided to delight in this near-perfect little boy we have and not focus on what we don't have.

And then last night, I received a call out of the blue from a friend in Brasilia who had a lead on a woman who is pregnant and who is "100% sure she's going to give up the baby for adoption." Go figure...

So I'm off to Brasilia early in the morning to meet this birth mother to try and convince her that we're the right people for her to hand over her baby to. The baby is due September 20 and is a boy.

I am so nervous about this meeting and I really need your prayers. Specifically I'd like for you to pray for me to have the peace of God going into this and to know that no matter how this ends, God is sovereign and has great plans for me as a mother, even if it's only to Mac. I'd also like you to pray for the birth mother, that she might understand the depths of our hearts' desires. Even if she chooses not to give us her baby, I want her to know in her heart of hearts that we would've done anything possible to raise up a healthy, happy baby into an adult that she would've been proud of.

No comments: