Thursday, August 27, 2015

quick update on housing situation

Jimmy was told yesterday we're moving into the house on schedule on September 10.  Hurray!!

We stopped in on Saturday and everything looks GREAT!  The bathrooms are gorgeous and the painters had already done at least one coat on the interior of the whole house.  I guess they're doing a second coat now and then the house will be cleaned and the furniture arranged (along with moving everything out of the temporary apartment).

The move, for me, cannot come a moment too soon.  The construction is ongoing on the outside of our apartment building and it's quickly driving me crazy on the days I'm home to hear it.  The entire building is covered in a bazillion little tiles.  Like 1/2" tiles.  They are drilling off all the tiles in order to put up new ones.  Do you know the noise and the dust and the commotion that is caused by drilling off a bazillion little tiles from a 10-story building?

Leo does not like it one bit either.  He goes totally bonkers when he sees the construction elevator passing by our apartment balcony.  And if the elevator stops at our floor so they can drill the tiles in our area?  Let's just say there's stiff competition for what will drive me crazy faster:  Leo's non-stop barking at the construction workers or the noise from the drilling.

I leave you with yesterday's view of a construction worker fixing his zipper on the construction elevator when he didn't realize I was sitting in my favorite chair in the corner of the living room:

Welcome to my world. 

No comments: