Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday musings

1.  Mac's feet smell worse than anything I've ever smelled in my life.  I fear this will only get worse before it gets better.

2.  I have zero respect for the congresspeople who represent a particular faction of the Republican Party of the United States.  Make that negative respect.

3.  Jimmy has not been furloughed despite the best efforts of the aforementioned people noted in #2.

4.  Mac made an 87 on his math test.

5.  My eye is completely better.

6.  "The President's Own" United States Marine Brass Quintet performed at Mac's school today as part of the Music in the Schools program.  Thank goodness the band wasn't furloughed.  Maybe there should be a Music in the Congress program to make those people a little more agreeable and responsible.  

7.  I bought a couch and Mac's loft bed today for delivery next week IN OUR NEW APARTMENT.  Did I mention that I cannot wait?

8.  We went by the new apartment on Sunday and talked our way into seeing our actual unit (which we'd not seen before).  The apartment did not grow in size over the last few weeks, but we do have NEW faux wood floors in the living and dining rooms and ALL NEW appliances in the kitchen.  How lucky is that?  And this view of the church and park is so sweet.  I'm going to be so happy there.

9.  Mac is doing after-school activities on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.  Monday is kickball and Tuesday is flag football.  This week was the first week and he seemed to enjoy it.  Tomorrow he's going to a skate park with a few building friends.  Pray for no broken bones. I don't know how I got a skateboarder son, but I'm pretty sure it's going to involve smelly feet.

No comments: