Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday afternoon musings full of {heart}

1.  Monday is another Colombian holiday.  I {heart} long weekends.

2.  I {heart} Mother's Day, especially when I don't have to go to work the next day.  For Mother's Day, my boys are treating me to a fancy brunch at one of my favorite restaurants.  I can't wait.

3.  I only have 13 more full-time work days.  I {heart} knowing that I only have to go to that office for 13 more full days.

4.  We have just booked a last-minute trip to Leticia to experience the Amazon.  After four years in Brazil and nearly three years in Colombia without having gone to the Amazon, we felt like we should go.  I {heart} having trips to look forward to (even when they're trips that involve things like mosquitoes and bug repellent).

5.  Mac's at a friend's going-away sleepover tonight.  I don't {heart} going-away anythings, but I {heart} a found evening out with Jimmy that doesn't involve a babysitter.  We're going with a group of friends to a fairly new Mediterranean restaurant a few blocks from our apartment.  I had appetizers there a few weeks ago and they have a warm brie with caramelized beets that is the beet bomb diggety.  De-lish.  I hope we get to eat that again tonight.

6.  Jimmy and Mac leave next Wednesday for his niece's wedding in Charleston.  I {heart} spring weddings in Charleston.

7.  I am missing the wedding festivities, but will be traveling to Medellin for a girls' weekend away.  I {heart} trips with the girls every once in awhile.  We're eating at a famous molecular cuisine restaurant while we're there.  As you may know, I {{double heart}} good food, but I'm afraid molecular cuisine is going to fill me as much up as eating air would.  I will report back to you on this later.

8.  I made a recipe for Pad Thai last night that had been recommended by my friend Alisa.  It was truly easy and truly delicious - even Mac ate it!  I {heart} when a new recipe actually works out how you hoped it would.

9.  We are planning the so-called "Wild West Adventure" for a couple weeks this summer with our UN friends and we are super excited about it.  We'll be in Jackson Hole for a few days for a conference before heading out to Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.  I {heart} everything I'm reading about these amazing places and can't wait to see them in person.

10.  Happy Mother's Day to all you great folks out there who, whether somebody calls you "Mom" or not, mother someone in some form or fashion every single day.  I {heart} Moms!
 

1 comment:

The Stone Rabbit said...

Susan,

So glad you liked the Pad Thai recipe.

Moving away is so hard, but it sounds like you have a lot of lovely adventures planned before you go and when you get home. Let us now if your Wild West adventure takes you even further west to our neck of the woods. Happy Mother's Day!!! Al xx