Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Baking Gingerbread

Mac really wanted to bake gingerbread cookies this Christmas season.

You know how I feel about baking.

Especially at this altitude.

But we baked gingerbread cookies - not gingerbread people because I don't have people cookie cutters - Sunday afternoon and they are quite possibly the best gingerbread cookies.  Ever.

Yeah, you heard me.  These cookies are that good.  If we do say so ourselves.

The decorating on the other hand will win no awards. The icing was too loose and drippy, so they're a  bit messy and nondescript.  jimmy thought the wreath cookies were scallops. But did I mention how good they taste???  From top to bottom, we have Jimmy's batch (notice the smiley face scallop), my amazing and artistic cookies, and Mac's colorful explosion cookies.





1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Well...the wreath cookies do look a bit like scallops. But more power to you...I've never been able to have any luck with gingerbread cookies so I gave up years ago!