Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy (early) Birthday to me...

Today I got an Amazon package in the mail and the Customs form said "printed book". I don't order printed books anymore -thank you last year's birthday present Kindle - so naturally I ripped right into the box to see this book.

And I met a wrapped present with a card on top that said "Happy Birthday! Love, Moma".

So I didn't open it because it's not my birthday yet and I'm Type A and I like to have order in my life. Opening a present early reflects a total disregard for the order of the universe.

I sent my mom an email to thank her for what I thought was a cookbook. I measured the girth, felt the heft, looked at the height and it screamed cookbook.

I also told my mom that I was going to try and wait until my birthday to open it.

I finished up work, came home, and could not stop thinking about what I knew was a cookbook.

It weighed on me.

It begged to be opened.

It really spoke to me from behind that generic Amazon wrapping paper.

I decided not answering a talking package reflected a greater disregard for universal order than opening a package ahead of its due date.

So I opened it.

And guess what my Moma sent me?????

Only the brand spanking new Pioneer Woman cookbook!! Are you jealous of me? Because I'd be jealous of me, unless you've already bought it for yourself.

Hurray for me and hurray for having a mom who knew what I'd love more than anything. (Between you and me, that's why I opened the package. I really felt an unnaturally strong belief that The Pioneer Woman was inside.)

Oh my. I'm one happy girl and cannot wait to start reading it.

Thanks, Mom, for a PERFECT gift!!

No comments: