Monday, December 5, 2011

NYR 11-29-11 - reliving the memories

The rain has settled into Bogota. It's chilly and rainy and pretty much miserable all the time. Actually that's not true. There are a few hours of beautiful sunshine that lull you into thinking that the rain is ending. But then by mid- to late-morning, the clouds roll in and the rain starts. And the rain stays. And it's not pretty. We're talking pajama-wearing, on-the-couch watching Food Network, eating bonbons while you bulk up for a long winter's nap kind of weather.

I didn't take many photos when I was in DC for my training but I was just looking through the ones I did take, which happened to be on the most magnificent fall day that you can imagine. Blue skies, crisp air and beautiful, fresh air.


For the ability to experience this truly fabulous display of Mother Nature the first time and to re-experience it with photos during these dismal days of Bogotano winter, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

The Stone Rabbit said...

I just love your sense of humor. You always manage to bring a smile to my face. Happy Happy Belated Birthday to Mac!!! And, I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that staying PJS and watching the foodnetwork on rainy days is the right thing to do. Ok, so back to catching up on my Story Tales reading. . .