Monday, November 28, 2011

NYR 11-20-11 - the boy turns 9



Today Mac turned 9.


9.



Nine.



N.I.N.E.!


How did that happen?

When he was born, I was sure I could never love him or want to protect him more than I did that first night in the hospital when I refused to let myself sleep so I could stare at him and make sure he was still breathing.

I no longer stare at his chest all through the night to make sure it's rising and falling with his breaths, but I do still check on his sleeping body just before I go to bed. I stand still by his bed long enough to make sure I can see his chest rising and falling.

I've learned in 9 years that a mother's love on the birth date of her child is just a drop in the bucket compared to the love that swells with each passing minute that child is in her life.

For the best gift of my life, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Big birthday hugs from the Bundys, Mac! Liam and I were just talking about you yesterday while looking at Nerf guns online. We miss you!