Saturday, December 6, 2008

Going, Going, Gone

Some of you may not know that I left Jimmy and took up with Grizzly Adams. Okay, not really, but that's a little how Jimmy has looked since he "practice-grew" a beard for his Afghanistan tour. I was okay with the beard which was grown while on vacation in SC in October, namely because I was told it would be shaved off upon his return to Sao Paulo (on November 9).

Well wouldn't you know that some people actually liked the beard. They told Jimmy it made him look older (yes, it did) and more distinguished (maybe?), but none of those people were having to kiss him!

I was wholeheartedly in favor of beard removal as quickly as possible. Those people who voted in favor of the beard kept it on a little longer than necessary, but my vote still has veto power over everybody else!

Yesterday, Mac helped Jimmy shave it off. He was going to get rid of it in stages - a goatee for awhile, then a mustache, then a soul patch until there was nothing left. But he got so carried away with his little beard trimming kit that he shaved almost all the goatee part away, so it all went in one fell swoop. (Trust me when I tell you that the mustache was NOT a good look for him and we won't even address the soul patch).

So I am pleased to report that Grizzly Adams has left the building.

James, the older, distinguished version

The Sleazy Creep

The Jimmy We Know and Love

4 comments:

Beau said...

Must say I agree with you here...the Julio mustache look was not good...

Beth said...

The "Sleazy Creep" look is NOT a good look!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the mustache is a little creepy looking.

contigo said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the sleazy creep photo!