Monday, September 1, 2008

We've found a family!

My prayers have been answered as we have a family who wants to adopt the baby. The husband and wife both work in government jobs, and they've been waiting for a baby for 6 YEARS! They're thrilled to know that they'll be bringing home their baby boy in 3 weeks. Can you imagine waiting for 6 years and now, you're going to have a baby in your house in 3 weeks?!?!?

I spoke to the birth mother this morning to explain our inability to get approved by the Brazilian government and to tell her that I had another family for the baby. Wtih her permission, I gave the new adoptive mother her phone number. They've just spoken and the adoptive mother is over the moon. She will go to Brasilia on September 10 to wait for the arrival of the baby.

Praise the Lord that this baby will have a home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan! Oh my goodness, that is the best news ever! I am so happy to hear that! You must be so happy and proud of yourself! We're praying for a baby to come your way too!

Beth said...

Glad to hear that wonderful news. We are still praying for y'all and for God's will.