Wednesday, October 12, 2011

NYR 10-10-11 - and reality sets in

This afternoon I came home to a very sad, very quiet, very empty house. Jimmy and Mac have been gone for 4 days and that was fine when I was away with friends to keep me occupied. But coming home to an empty house that's normally loud and occupied stinks. Realizing that I still have 5.5 days to go does not make it any better.

I may have had a mini-meltdown. Or it may have been a quite large meltdown.

The thing that makes this all stink even worse is that this separation is a trial run for the month-long training I'm going to have to go to in Washington, DC in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure I will not survive a month on my own. Jimmy's one thing, but we've gotten used to long separations with his travel and Afghanistan schedule. Mac is a different beast altogether. The longest I've been away from him is 4 or 5 days. I honestly feel like the lifeblood has been sucked out of me.

Sigh.

For my boys having some long overdue boys-only time, I am truly thankful. I guess.

1 comment:

Amy said...

When Peter and I came on our house hunting trip back in July, it was the longest I'd EVER been away from ANY of the boys! Before that, I think the longest I'd ever gone without seeing Liam was maaaybe a 12 hour period... most of that being overnight! So being gone for ELEVEN DAYS was a loooong time! But at least I had Peter and Eloise with me. She was only a month old and a newborn has a way of filling up your days (and nights!).

But a few more days are gone for you by now... how many left?