Sunday, October 24, 2010

more from Mac

Tonight at dinner, Mac and I were discussing hygiene. I know it's probably not what you discuss over spaghetti, but it was our dinner conversation.

I have a hopefully irrational fear that Mac will become one of those prepubescent boys who doesn't know (and his parents don't either) that he needs deodorant and he'll go around smelling and people will avoid being around him. I really hate the smell of prepubescent, stinky boys.

So we were talking about bathing regularly, using deodorant when the time comes, doing underarm sniff tests, etc.

I told Mac that I wasn't really sure when it happened, but at some point, he'd start stinking so we had to be ready.

He matter-of-factly told me that "boys stink for forever".

1 comment:

Steph J. said...

Wish we could have seen you last weekend, Susan! And you'll love this sign we saw in a shop in Lewes:

Boy - n. A noise with dirt on it.