Sunday, October 3, 2010

catching up

1. The cocktail party on Thursday night was fabulous. We had about 70 people show up, the food prepared by the caterer was marvelous, the bartenders we'd hired were exceptional, and I was just left to be the hostess with the mostest. While I did not like the lack of control I felt over the whole thing, I must confess in retrospect that it is really freeing to just show up at your own party with no other responsibilities. No worrying about whether the food is hot or needs replenishment or when people are going to leave because you have to wash 400 plates and cups. It's sort of like being the First Lady, I guess. I bet all she does is pick out her dress, touch up her make-up, and show up. Sort of like me the other day except she doesn't have to do her own flowers which results in nearly losing a digit. (My finger did provide a topic for conversation at the party!)

2. Speaking of the finger, it's coming along. I think it's healing?

3. Mac's grade did a Spanish assembly on Friday morning. Now school has been in session for about 6 weeks and Mac has been in Spanish classes everyday for less than that. Yet he had lines to memorize and say in front of other classes and parents. YIKES! But he did so great. I was bursting with pride. I haven't downloaded the videos yet but as soon as I do, I will post them. In addition to his lines, we also videotaped him dancing with a girl in some traditional sort of Colombian dance. But really the highlight of the videos will be these young 2nd grader girls shimmying and shaking to Shakira. It was AWESOME and so Latino; I can't wait for you to see it!

Hope you've all had a great weekend in your corners of the world!

No comments: