Saturday, June 1, 2013

last full day on the job

Yesterday was perhaps the happiest day of my life.

Ever.

Well maybe not the happiest day of my entire life, but at least of the year so far.

It was my last day of full-time employment at my current job.  And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy about this.

This job has mentally and physically stressed me out  - I have the war wounds of more gray hair and a face full of wrinkles to prove it -and I am happy to be done.  Really happy.  Ecstatically happy.

While the job has nearly done me in, the people I have worked with every day are pretty fantastic and the reality of not spending my days with them has sunk in and makes me fairly sad.  They have despedida'ed me this week in large fashion and really made me feel like I was part of a team that was going to be missed.

I will work a few hours a day a couple days a week for the next couple weeks and then I am really done for good.  We will then pack out our apartment, enjoy a final week in Bogota, and head back to the US.  After three years here - the longest we've lived anywhere in 15 years of marriage - it's going to be hard to leave.  June 30 will come faster than I want or can imagine.







No comments: