Wednesday, May 11, 2011

the mother's day love is already over?

This morning when I woke Mac up for school, I asked him if he'd slept well. He said he slept the same as ever and woke up tired as ever, blah, blah, blah.

Same story, different set of pajamas.

So then I asked what would make it all better. He was still laying in the bed, and he reached his arms out for a hug so I went in for a sweet cuddle (which, for the record, I get every school morning when he's still too sleepy to realize he's actually showing me affection).

Then he asked when I was going to use up my Mothers's Day coupon book. I reminded him that I'd already used up my hugs and kisses, and I asked him if he was going to be my manicurist for the "free manicure" coupon. He told me that was supposed to be for a massage and that he'd give me the massage himself.

Just when I was thinking that I had the sweetest kid in the world, he asked if I'd pay him $5 for the massage.

More proof that nothing - not even a coupon for a free manicure - is free in this world.

No comments: